Review & hindsight of accomplished projects is a core activity of proper project management. As the project is delivered, project managers should look back and evaluate how the project progressed. Any problems that they encountered during project completion should be addressed and corrective measures implemented.And this is exactly where the project templates plugin comes to play. The above-mentioned corrective measures can be implemented within the project template for future use.
Redmine Plugin With A Real Value
Simply speaking, every Redmine-based company can instantly benefit from this Redmine Plugin. Small businesses can tune their projects into perfection, middle-sized and large companies can save hundreds of hours thanks to quick and precise project initiation.
Benefits Of The Redmine Project Templates plugin
- Improved project management flow thanks to the implementation of hindsight
- Improved project planning thanks to ready-to-use work-break-down structure within a template
- Significant time savings in the project initialization phase
- Easier copying of projects
- Improved project quality thanks to standardization
Features of The Redmine Project Templates Plugin
The plugin features are pretty straightforward. Let's start from the beginning of the process. Any existing Redmine project can be saved as a project template - including all tasks (issues), milestones, members, modules, and other project features. Even including task schedules using the Redmine Gantt Plugin or resource utilization using the Redmine Resources Plugin. The project template can be updated and modified at any time.
The plugin can handle an unlimited number of project templates that are listed in a special view, accessible from the main application menu. You can then create a new project from any template. You also can define the project start date, and all tasks & milestones dates will be re-organized respectively.
When starting a new project, you can start from scratch using a blank project or start from a template.
See Redmine Templates In Action
Let's sum up the plugin features:
- Creating project templates from existing projects
- Listing of an unlimited number of project templates
- New project from a template
- Support of subprojects - a template can contain an unlimited number of subprojects
- Setting the project start date and moving task dates respúectively
And that's it. This plugin is simple, however, it brings a huge value since it makes project initialization extremely straightforward. Give it a try.